Glamour Merry Widow Basque
L3009 Glamour Merry Widow was 68.50
The Merry Widow is quintessential mid-50s shapewear. Unlike a corselette, which focuses on the hips and derriere, a Merry Widow works its magic on the upper torso; tightening, smoothing and uplifting.
It's essentially a low-backed strapless bra combined with a strict waist cincher; and the result is the perfect foundation for wearing under the tight-bodiced, full-skirted gowns that were extremely fashionable in the 1950s and early 60s.
If you've ever admired Mad Men's Betty Draper in her strapless evening frocks, this is for you!
* Tightens, smooths and uplifts your upper torso
* Satin cups, tummy panel and side accents with double layered powermesh
* Detachable shoulder straps, 6 adjustable metal clip suspenders and spiral steel boning
* Underwired, lightly padded cups with hook and eye fastening at back
* Made from satin 100% polyester, powermesh 88% polyamide 12% spandex
Bra sizes roughly co-ordinate with the following dress sizes:
32" - WKD dress size 10
34" - WKD dress size 12
36" - WKD dress size 14
38" - WKD dress size 16
If your bra size does not match your body size you might like to experiment a little and delve into the mysterious world of bra cup grading.
A bra cup size 38B will be the same as a 36C, 34D same as 32DD. Hence if you are normally a bra size 34D but a small dress size 10 you might want to try the 32DD corselette which will have the same cup size as a 34D, but will be smaller around the body.
This grading works across all bra sizes so:
Cup size 32F = 34E, 36DD - 38D and so on
Brand : What Katie Did
Condition : New
Product Code : WKD 3009